School Science Adventures
Children are naturally curious during this wonder- filled age as they begin to make sense of the world around them. Getting kids hooked on science at an early age is so important as the world becomes increasingly centered on the STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) fields. Young children need practice and to be guided in the skills of hypothesizing, observing, experimenting, revising, and communicating their findings.
Fueling kids interest in science through hands-on discovery and helping to build the skills needed for a lifetime of learning is what we are all about!
School Science Adventure
- A one hour program with hands-on activities based on the theme of your choice. Field trip or classroom based.
School Science Discovery Series
- Multiple visits allow us time to explore in depth. We plan four hour long visits with your students. Choose one theme like Habitats for a four class in-depth exploration or choose four different themes. Field Trip, classroom based, or a combination.
Interested in your students actively participating in research? Wait, what? Can preschool age kids be researchers?! Yes they can! We are involved in some great age appropriate Citizen Science projects that we can incorporate into our programs.
Programs for the 2014-2015 School Year:
- Creepy Crawly Science Discoveries
- Feathered Friends
- Creepy Crawly Adventure
- Caterpillars and Butterflies
- Duck Discovery
- Senses Adventure
Our curriculum was created based on the Next Generation Science Standards and the California Preschool Learning Foundation Standards.
Let's Explore Outside!
We love to utilize outdoor spaces in our school programs. We can run any of our programs indoors or outdoors. We are happy to run a program at your school, nearby park, or as a field trip to a local nature spot. We have run school field trips to Glen Park Canyon and Stern Grove and are happy to work with you to customize our programs to suit your interests and choice of nature spot.
After School Enrichment Adventures
Would your school like to offer an ongoing after school science program? Then this is the program for you. We run after school programs with the theme and number of sessions of your choice. We also offer one time after school enrichment programs that can be brought into your existing after school program.
General Program Fees
We love to work with all schools and can customize programs and fees to suit your financial ability. Additionally, we provide discounts for multiple programs or multiple classes. Email or call to best determine how we can provide what you are looking for.
School Science Adventure:
- One hour program or field trip. $180 per class serving up to 15 students. $8 per each additional student.
School Science Discovery Series:
- Four one hour programs or field trips. $450 for 4 classes up to 20 students. Additional materials and staffing fee for 21+ students: $50. (You can also schedule a one hour program to test us out and we will happily prorate if you choose to increase to the four programs.
After School Enrichment Adventures:
- Ongoing series: $15 per student per class. Minimum of 6 students.
- Individual Program: $180 per class serving up to 20 students. $8 per each additional student.