Duck Discovery and Feathered Friends
Lake Merced Driving Directions
From 280 South
Take exit 49 toward Junipero Serra Blvd/John Daly Blvd
Turn right at John Daly Blvd
Turn right at Lake Merced Blvd
Turn left at John Muir Dr
Turn right at Skyline Blvd
Turn right into park entrance to Harding Park/Lake Merced
Who Lives in a Pond?
Pine Lake Park
- Take Sloat Blvd. west cross 19th avenue and continue heading down Sloat.
Turn right on 34th (it is a light), go one block and turn right at the first stop sign onto Yorba.
Turn left on Crestlake
- Turn right onto Wawona and park at first available street parking spot (lots of street parking available)
- The entrance is on the corner of Wawona and Crestlake
Walk past a white gate on a path, downhill. Continue walking past the LEFT side of the lake. You will find us at the head of the lake, at the viewing area (near the drinking fountain).
Keep in mind that you have a 5 to 10 minute walk down a paved path to reach the lake, so we recommend using strollers for your little ones.
Creepy Crawly Adventure
Stern Grove Driving Directions
Stern Grove is located at the corner of 19th Ave and Sloat.
There are two parking lots at Stern Grove that you may use.
1. The first parking lot is an IMMEDIATE Right on 19th Ave at the corner of Sloat. There is a sign that says Stern Grove and the turn is right there. Park in the lot and walk across the concert meadow to the west meadow.
Look for our red flag and you will find us. This parking lot is a little farther away (you would still not need a stroller) but offers easy access to the bathrooms and is typically dog free.
2. The second lot is a little further down Sloat. Take Sloat and turn right on Vale. Go straight through the gates and head down to the parking lot. Park on the right side of the parking lot and look for our red flag.
This lot is a little closer to our location, but there is an off leash dog area on the opposite side of the parking lot, so there can be dogs off leash in the parking area
Douglass Park in Noe Valley
You will find us on the grass meadow behind the playground and rec. center.
Douglass Playground is located at the intersection of Douglass St. and
26th Street in Noe Valley. Plenty of street parking is available!
The address is:
1100 Douglass St
San Francisco, CA 94131